There are many WooCommerce Subscription plugins available these days that enhance features for website owners and customers.
Nowadays, most consumers and retailers prefer subscription-based models as consumers find it convenient, and retailers or business owners have a recurring income.
Subscription models ranging from books to softwares, food delivery, memberships, online learning, and many more are booming. A business owner must have the right plugin to add convenience to his website.
Why You Should Add Subscriptions Model in Ecommerce Store
Subscription plugins for WooCommerce have their benefits. Using these plugins, you can quickly sell subscription-based products or services with a recurring payment option.
It allows you to manage and collect repetitive payments through a subscription plugin for your website, which is very convenient for both ends of the engagement.
Types of Subscription Services
Although there are many models on which subscription services are based, there are mainly three models.
1. Product Subscriptions
Subscription products require an upfront price the customer pays in exchange for the access, and in exchange, they get billed on a monthly/yearly or multiple schedules.
Netflix, Amazon Prime, TV or cellular services are prime examples of product subscriptions.
The subscription product has two components: time validity and benefit; you can create a product subscription with both features.
2. Member Subscription Model
This subscription model allows users exclusive access to members’ area for the product/services you offer in exchange for monthly/yearly billing and offers special add-ons and discounted prices for future purchases.
3. Email Subscriptions
The email Subscription model works with the user opting for a newsletter, product offering, or news when he fills out a form stating his email address, where he gets automated emails for a decided term and is added to the website mailing list. In this model, website owners can create a powerful marketing strategy for up-selling products and inform their audience of their new products.
Best WooCommerce Subscription Plugins and Extensions
This article will discuss the benefits of having a subscription plugin for your website and provide you with a list of nine of the most amazing subscription plugins for your WooCommerce website. Please note that you won’t need all of them, just pick the ones that will fulfil your and your customers’ needs.
1. WooCommerce Subscriptions starts at $199/year.
First, we have WooCommerce Subscriptions by WooCommerce that provides multiple options for billing on schedules convenient for your website store. The WooCommerce Subscription plugin offers a gateway to more than 15 payment gateways for recurring customers.
It also supports renewal payments for manual systems through the WooCommerce payment gateway with all automatic features, including receipts and confirmation emails.
The plugin lets subscribers manage their plans, including downgrading or upgrading the subscription, which is an amazing feature. Also, detailed reports from the plugin provide real-time data tracking for different strategies.
This plugin is an essential plugin for building subscription-based stores using WooCommerce.
2. Subscription Force starts at $79/year.
The Subscription Force plugin is an extension of WooCommerce Subscriptions; it adds a lot of powerful features to the store that aid store owners and customers alike.
The plugin increases revenue and provides convenience to site users simultaneously. With a subscription, you will get a 30-day money-back guarantee, a quick one-day response, and an official WooCommerce subscription web developer.
Subscription Force has the following benefits:
- With active subscriptions, you can add new products.
- Product offerings can be varied based on cost and schedule
- Subscriptions can be paused for a certain time
- The payment date can be changed
- Products can be added to subsequent subscriptions
- The progress bar can be tracked for shipping
- Change the frequency of subscriptions
- Add an option for buying once or subscribing.
3. Subscriptio – WooCommerce Subscriptions starts at $69.
Third on the list is Subscriptio, which you can buy from Codecanyon marketplace; it is a one-time buy plugin that is fairly priced at $69.
The plugin provides the creation of subscriptions for all of your store’s existing product base. With its management centre, its interface is super friendly and provides a better platform for creating subscriptions. You can conveniently run the store without worrying about the back end.
Best Features of Subscriptio
- Provides an option to turn subscription for any product on the website
- Provides automatic emails and notifications for subscriptions to the site owner.
- International gateways are supported.
- The Plugin supports both variable and simple products
- Complete information tracking for every subscription transaction
- Subscriptions and billing cycles can be tailor-made
- There is an Option for the admin to pause, cancel and resume the subscriptions for any user.
4. Subscriptions for WooCommerce by WebToffee starts at $89/year.
WooCommerce subscriptions by Webtofee offer a great variety in managing your repeated/recurring payments, providing an automatic billing system, and sending email notifications to website members.
This plugin is well-maintained and offers all the necessary features out of the box.
- The plugin can provide simple and variable subscriptions for various products.
- Automated email notifications for subscribers
- Yearly/Monthly Billing schedules
- Trials and Free Signups
- Supports More than 5 Payment Gateways
- Supports Multilingual stores
5. Yith WooCommerce Subscription Plugin starts at $234/year.
Yith WooCommerce Subscription plugin is one of the feature-rich plugins with the option to sell your products, whether physical or digital, as repeated subscriptions; also, the plugin offers failed subscription management option, free trials, and it has a feature to export all of the data into your excel file.
- Subscription options for various variety of products
- Multiple scheduling options for weekly, monthly, and yearly payments
- Management Dashboard for Plugin
- Multiple financial Gateways
- Signup and Trial Options
- Admin Options for Failed renewal payments
- Automated notification and Email Sender
- Coupon Options
The YITH WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin provides a wide variety of features, it’s an all-in-one plugin flexible enough to handle your growing ecommerce store.
6. SUMO Subscriptions – WooCommerce Subscription Plugin starts at $49
The Sumo Subscription plugin for WoocCommerce is a low-cost extension that turns your dynamic and simple products into subscriptions for whoever signs up to your website and acts as a recurring payments platform.
- Options for Variable Product Subscriptions
- Integration for Payment Schedule of Subscriptions
- Option to add Subscription and Non-Subscription products in the same checkout cart for website owners.
- Multiple financial gateways are supported
- Sign-up, Paid, and trial options are available
- Admin control for downgrading or upgrading member subscriptions.
- Automated notification and email-sending mechanism
- Fail Payment Management
- Add Coupons
Sumo Subscription plugin for WooCommerce is a very good fair-priced holistic plugin for your website. You need to pay a one-time fee and get 6 months of support and a lifetime plugin.
The plugin is very good in group product subscriptions; if you have multiple grouped products, you should try it.
The SUMO Subscriptions plugin serves as an affordable premium option to turn your WooCommerce products into variable, simple, or grouped product subscriptions, with discounts for when customers sign up for recurring payments.
7. All Products for WooCommerce Subscriptions starts at $79
All Products for WooCommerce Subscriptions is a powerful add-on to the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin. It adds all the necessary features to turn your existing products into a subscription model.
- Option of modifying the product bundle for a registered user/member
- Option to add subscription plans on variation level
- One Page Checkout
- More User Friendly and provides a lot of options for a product subscription
- Subscription for variable products
All Products for WooCommerce Subscriptions is undoubtedly one of the best plugins which provide a plethora of options to choose from.
8. Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions starts at $59/year.
Buy Once or Subscribe for WooCommerce Subscriptions is a powerful extension for WooCommerce subscriptions, which can turn your products into full-fledged subscription packages.
The plugin provides full automation for bundles in products, and you can create subscription boxes for the members.
- Option for customer discount
- Frequency-based discount configuration
- Subscription Boxes
- Self-service dashboard
- Option of Buy Once or Subscribe on Any Product Variable or Simple
The plugin’s option to buy once or subscribe is a game-changer, and members can easily select either option suited to their needs, making income more certain and predictable. Also, the cherry on top of the discounted offers adds a layer of predictable revenue.
9. Self-service Dashboard for WooCommerce Subscriptions starts at $79/year
Self-service Dashboard for WooCommerce Subscriptions is a simple interface designed for the WooCommerce website to manage their customers’ subscriptions. A Simple dashboard is provided in the interface, allowing users to control subscriptions easily.
- Option to Introduce New Products into Subscriptions
- Variation Switching
- Option to Change Quantity
- Specific Date Pausing is Introduced
- No Support Ticketing System as the interface is super-friendly
- Increases Customer Lifetime Value
- Notes for Changes
- Track Changes made by the customer
- Automated notification and Email Sender
The self-service Dashboard for WooCommerce Subscriptions is a powerful interface that provides better subscription management and a track record for every change the user makes.
Benefits of Adding Subscription Model On WooCommerce Stores
Add Recurring Revenue
The subscription models not only increase the number of subscribers but can also predict the inflow of revenue, giving you a sneak peek into the future. Monthly income is certain as subscribers pay monthly, and their word-of-mouth marketing can grow your business exponentially.
Billing automation provides you with enough data to refill your stock so that when a potential customer approaches you, you got the inventory. The model helps you be efficient in revenue and inventory and provides better feedback for future projections.
Increase Customer Lifetime Value
A customer lifetime value is very costly if we are talking about the conventional approaches, but with the subscription approach, there is less cost in CAC. The subscription approach can upsell your product as you can provide a platform for all your other products related to the main product you are offering. Also, this approach will track down the potential customers who created the most value, and you can easily focus your energy on potential revenue.
Automate Payment on Regular Orders
The subscription approach provides multiple payment gateways, giving you the benefit of automated payment on regular orders, thus reducing the amount of management on store owners end.
Attract More Customers
Subscription-based websites have a powerful model built around attracting more customers, providing them with store discounts, coupons and access to their add-on products / upsell products.
Choosing a subscription plugin for your WooCommerce store can be a game changer, and with this article, the features of every plugin are narrowed down for you to choose the best suited to your web store needs.
However, Out of these nine subscription plugins, it is recommended to have a better look at their features as some plugins are good for digital, some are good for physical and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Can WooCommerce handle subscriptions? WooCommerce subscriptions provide a wide range of subscription options for virtual and physical services and products. There are many options ranging from signups and free trials to creating variable pricing and schedule for a product offering.
- Q. Is the WooCommerce subscription plugin free? The WooCommerce subscription plugin is paid but offers a free trial before you purchase it. The WooCommerce subscription plugin is a one-stop shop for store owners’ subscription model needs.
- Q. What is the difference between WooCommerce memberships and a subscription? WooCommerce membership and subscription are both different models. The subscription model is based on a monthly/yearly plan where customers pay every month/year for the product. On the other hand, membership requires a one-time fixed price for certain months.